Today I thought I’d write about what I think are the 5 biggest makeup blunders. We have all been guilty of makeup blunders at one point or another in our lives. But, hey, you live and you learn. If you are at all interested in what I think are blunders to avoid, then keep reading!
- Choosing the wrong foundation shade: I am a South Asian girl. Meaning, that in my country, people are sort of obsessed with fair skin. So much so that, unfortunately, many girls resort to using harmful products that claim to make the skin whiter. Another thing girls from my country tend to do to appear whiter is get a foundation which is way lighter than their naturally beautiful tan skin. When they do this, they end up making their skin look grayish. First of all, all skin types are beautiful, and trying to hide your beautiful skin, doesn’t look good. In my opinion, the base of the whole makeup look is probably the most important, and once the base is messed up, nothing can save the rest of the makeup look. Girls, whether you are tan or fair, please try to get the right foundation shade. You will get amazed at how much better you will look once you do that.
- Making your eyebrows too dark: Yes, thick eyebrows are in right now, and products like Anastasia’s dip brow are saving the lives of girls everywhere. However, those same products can be your nightmare as well. If you use a heavy hand, your brows will look like someone drew them on with a crayon. Please, ladies, understand that your brows look best if they appear natural. Nobody wants to look like a cartoon, so be careful and use a light hand when doing your brows.
- Not blending your eyeshadow out: I am totally guilty of this mistake. Growing up, I didn’t know how to properly apply eyeshadow. In fact, I still struggle sometimes today when trying to get the perfect smokey eye look. The likes of Kylie Jenner have made eyeshadow extremely popular again, and now women of all ages are applying eyeshadow in efforts to look glam. However, the glam factor cancels out if the eyeshadow isn’t blended. To put it simply, your eyeshadow should look like a perfectly blended art piece, it shouldn’t have any harsh lines. The only thing I can say about this is blend, blend, and blend.
- Overlining the lips a bit too much: Right now, fuller lips are kind of a big deal. Everywhere you go you see girls with overlined lips. If done properly, it can look good. But, most of us aren’t makeup artists and don’t have the proper skills to make it appear natural. Trust me, girls, your natural lip shape is just fine. There is no need to draw fake lips, which if done poorly, can be a major turn off.
- Too much mascara: Two words, spider lashes. I am all about thick and full lashes, but if one wears too much mascara, the lashes end up looking crispy and plastic. It is not doing you any favors. If you want to emphasize your eyes properly, then don’t go overboard with the mascara.